Chinese medicine practitioners have been using cupping for thousands of years to treat a wide range of health problems. It is designed to help the body reduce inflammation by using suction. Think of it kind of like getting a massage in reverse.
What does cupping treat?
People mostly use cupping to relieve conditions that cause pain. Some people say it also helps with chronic (ongoing) health issues.
Cupping may ease symptoms of:
- – Arthritis, including rheumatoid arthritis.
- – Back pain, neck pain, knee pain and shoulder pain.
- – Breathing problems, such as asthma.
- – Carpal tunnel syndrome.
- – Gastrointestinal disorders, such as irritable bowel disease (IBD).
- – Headaches and migraines.
- – High blood pressure (hypertension).