Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide (N.A.D)+ is a coenzyme in the body that helps you feel young and rejuvenated. Scientists have found that declining amounts of the NAD coenzyme contributes to aging.
Some of the processes that NAD+ is essential to include:
- – Regulating sirtuin protein functions. The sirtuin, a group of seven proteins in our cells, directs metabolism and cellular aging processes.
- – The function of Poly (ADP-ribose) polymerases (PARPs). The PARPs help repair DNA and are dependent on NAD+ for this process.
- – PARPs also help maintain cardiovascular health, regulate normal blood sugars, and effect a healthy metabolism.
- – Catalyzing the activity of ADPR (adenosine diphosphate ribose)-cyclases. ADPR-cyclases are also NAD+ dependent enzymes that control calcium signaling, metabolic pathways, critical processes in the nervous system and brain, and immune function.
Other ways to increase your NAD+ levels:
- – Exercise. Exercise produces energy stress, which naturally increases the consumption of NADH to produce energy.
- – Diet. Excess carbohydrates can induce an accumulation of NADH, reducing the amount of NAD+.
- – Fermented foods and kombucha. Fermentation produces lactate by using NADH, resulting in the production of NAD+.
- – Heat shock and saunas. Not only do you sweat out toxins during a sauna, but you also increase your levels of NAD+.
- – IV nutrient therapy.IV therapy is a great way to quickly and effectively boost NAD levels and the positive benefits that come along with it.